Frequently Asked Questions
- Who are you?
- Do you carry everything in stock?
- Do you supply VAT invoices with your goods?
- Are you’re Power Tools covered by Warranty?
- Can you deliver to a Third Party Address?
- How do you get my order to me?
- Can you be contacted by telephone?
- Do you have a trade counter/Can I collect my goods?
- Goods damaged during shipping what happens next?
- Goods Ordered in Error what happens next?
- Can I track my order online?
- Website Security?
1. Who are you?
We are a fully established bricks and mortar company trading as Power Tools UK through our established internet site. Our company is based in a 10,000sq/ft warehouse just south of Glasgow Scotland, the parent company is Lumsden Stuart Ltd established in 1991, can we refer you to the “about us” section for full details on our company.
2. Do you carry everything in stock?
This would be impossible as stock items come into and go out of stock all the time, in stock means we probably have it in our warehouse however if a product goes out of stock replenishment and dispatch will be complete within a couple of working days.
3. Do you supply VAT invoices with your goods?
All orders are dispatched with a VAT invoice as our company is fully VAT registered
4. Are you’re Power Tools covered by Warranty?
All power tools, accessories and related products supplied by Power Tools UK carry full manufacturer’s warranty; some manufacturers offer extended warranty by registering your power tools online. To confirm exactly what is, and what is not, covered by warranty please refer to the individual manufacturer’s website
5. Can you deliver to a Third Party Address?
Yes the delivery address does not always have to be the same as the credit card used to pay for your order, we can deliver to third party business addresses if required, however we may take extra precautions to check information supplied. We cannot and will never deliver to third party private addresses or building sites.
6. How do you get my order to me?
We require a signature on delivery of our goods, should you not be at the delivery address the logistics company will leave straight forward instructions on how to retrieve your delivery. We cannot leave any delivery in the garage, shed, greenhouse or porch.
7. Can you be contacted by telephone?
Absolutely no problem, our technical sales lines are on 01355 234328 open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm, if you choose to you can place your order over the phone instead of through the website, please note we are not open at weekends. International callers please dial +44 1355 234328
8. Do you have a trade counter/Can I collect my goods?
Yes we have a fully stocked trade counter, hours of business are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, you will be made very welcome we would be delighted to see you and discuss your requirements.
9. Goods damaged during shipping what happens next?
If you receive a shipment from Power Tools UK that has obvious transit damage please sign for it as damaged and if possible also sign as unexamined. Please contact us immediately through our technical help line 01355 234328 for further instructions
10. Goods Ordered in Error what happens next?
If you have made a mistake with your order don’t panic we can sort it out for you, please contact our technical help line 01355 234328 within 7 days, sooner if possible, and we can guide you through the return and replacement.
11. Can I track my order online?
Yes you will automatically receive the tracking information when most of our orders leave the warehouse; we can also give you the tracking number over the telephone or by separate e-email if required
12. Website Security?
Power Tools UK has been around since late 1999, we take website and customer security very seriously, our dedicated server has the latest industry software protecting both our website and your details. In over twelve years we have never had a single security issue relating to any of this companies internet business.